Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Oscar, Mayor: Winners

Best Tourism Campaign Ever:
And the film did get a little hometown push, including from Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa.

He "was wonderful to us," Haggis says. "He really embraced the film. He said 'Yes, this is our Los Angeles.' "
That's right, tourists... come to L.A. where you too can get carjacked, shot (with blanks, of course), diddled by a racist cop, pulled from a flaming car wreck by said racist cop and called vicious racial epithets to your face by media relations consultants! All the glamour of the movies, come to life!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE.

HATE HATE.

HATE HATE HATE.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE.

(Sorry, but I'm running out of things to say about CRASH. So I've decided to start simplifying my response.)

March 07, 2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

As a proud (but self-reflective) citizen of Los Angeles, I'm happy to say that Crash has changed my life.

B.C. (Before Crash), if I was on the phone with a customer service rep who spoke with a certain lilt, I'd always ask point-blank: "Are you black, sista? Cause I hate affirmative action hires. My Dad pisses stones because of you people."

Now, in this wonderful P.C. (Post Crash) world, I don't do that.

(But I am best friends with my Mexcian housekeeper. Thanks, Sandra B!)

March 07, 2006 3:12 PM  
Blogger M said...

Wow... and Schindler's List made me want to set my bags down in Auschwitz.

March 07, 2006 3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home