Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Happy (Belated) Blogoversary to Me


I wish for world peace. And a second season of Britney and Kevin: Chaotic.


It's been one year (and three days) since this blog was launched. Posts have at times been sporadic or even non-existent, but still, I've kept this up a hell of a lot longer than any journal I've ever attempted.

As I noted in that inaugural post, I was new to the whole blog scene and had yet to explore what was out there. I learned a lot by surfing and have been inspired by many other sites (check the Blogs I Blog links).

Perusing the Archives, there have been some significant changes since those early days. In the first couple months, I did a lot of reviews. Now The Dish is more for commentary on pop culture "news" and events as well as the occasional "did you catch that?" observation.

Also on that fateful night last May, I wondered how and if this blog would find an audience. I'm amazed at the number of hits this page has received, even if 99% of the hitters were searching for this relatively tame picture of Britney Spears. The Dish has been linked to by some very click-worthy blogs and even (barely) snuck onto some random craigslister's list of the Ten Best Entertainment Blogs on the Whole Entire Internet! On top of that, I started a one-sided blog war with my very own impostor.

What does the next year hold in store for The Dish and its loyal adherents? Only time, L. Ron Hubbard and Britney Spears' wedding planner know for sure. But if you're good, maybe the Second Annual American Trainwreck Awards will actually get off the ground.

Thanks for reading,
The Pop Culture Petri Dish

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy (Belated) Blogoversary !

June 01, 2005 4:02 AM  
Blogger EmployeeMegan said...

Congrats!

June 01, 2005 6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home