Thursday, February 17, 2005

Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Plagiarism

Speaking of FOX Reality, you know you're on to something special when somebody decides to rip you off.

And so, ladies and gentlemen, The Famous Original Ray's Pop Culture Petri Dish proudly announces the birth of our very first impostor!

Actually, this new Single White Blogger is an impostor in name only (dig the choice of Blogger templates, by the way!). The content and style appear to be quite different, and potentially intriguing. I'm not trying to get all WWF here (that's World Wildlife Fund, not World Wrestling Federation) or start any Doppelgang warfare -- this is just my passive aggresive attempt to shame the Bizzaro Dish into a name change while his "another Pop Culture Petri Dish" is still in its infancy. It'll help us both to avoid any Ghostbusters/The Real Ghostbusters type confusion in the future. Granted, it wasn't the most clever or original moniker in the world when I came up with it either, but as far as I know, this was the first blog on the block to be so named.

But seriously Mr. Ripley, there's room enough in the blogosphere for two completely different, original and unique pop culture petri dishes. So welcome to the neighborhood un-me! I mean, who doesn't enjoy a good Ten Best or Ten Worst list from time to time?

Best of luck,
The Pop Culture Petri Dish

4 Comments:

Blogger McBean said...

Someone did the same thing to "Things I Hate About My Flatmate." What the hell is up with people? I bet I have an imposter too. I'm not motivated to find out. Or maybe I'm not motivated because NOBODY is stealing my crap and that might even make me a little depressed.

February 17, 2005 7:08 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

Wow. Incredibly, I just found this site on my own, right before I clicked over here. I typed PopCulturePetriDish.blogspot.com -- thinking it was you -- and was shocked to find this joker. Wow.

February 18, 2005 2:03 AM  
Blogger The Pop Culture Petri Dish said...

See! That's what I'm worried about!

This is the same thing that happened with whitehouse.com and madonna.com.

February 18, 2005 2:56 AM  
Blogger Drew said...

Your title is so perfectly worded that I think I'll take it and not credit you for it.

February 21, 2005 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home