Thursday, February 17, 2005

2,4, 6, 8... Check Out The Rest of FOX' Slate


"As I count backwards from 24, you will get very sleepy, and when you awake, you will tune into FOX Monday nights at 9/8 Central."

Did anybody else pick up on the endless repetition of the number "24" tonight on American Idol? Every chance the judges and Ryan Seacrest got, they made sure to say "24." I would go back and count how many times they dropped the number "24," but I feel pretty confident that the final tally would be... 24. Sure, they kept saying "24" because there are 24 finalists moving on to the next round, but actually reminding us every 24 seconds that the number is 24 seemed just a tad excessive. I mean, 24's a pretty easy number to remember.

Oh, what am I saying? I'm sure there was no ulterior / subliminal motive for all the "24"s (this is FOX reality, after all - if we can't trust them, who can we trust?). Sometimes a "24" is just a "24."

Now if only there were some sort of program on television called something like 24, I would totally watch it... 24/7. Oh well. I'll just have to watch whatever's on after American Idol Monday night.


Too bad the number of finalists moving on isn't "Arrested Development."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home