Saturday, June 10, 2006

Superman-on-Man Love

According to Bryan Singer, Superman "is probably the most heterosexual character in any movie I've ever made." And after watching Superman II for the first time last night, I'm inclined to think Singer's Superman movie might not be the least heterosexual Superman movie ever made.

Two choice (and bizzaro) quotes from the man in blue tights' second caped escapade:
Lex Luthor (to a fellow inmate): I want my Liberace record back tonight.
And this odd exchange between an astronaut and ground control:
Nate: By the way, Boris and I are getting engaged.
Controller: I had a feeling about you guys when I saw your Rorschach tests.
Nate: Just a little down-home humor there, Houston.
Can somebody who was alive when this movie was made tell me: Are Rorschach tests how they could tell if you were gay before the advent of Coldplay?

Previously, on The Dish: A Little Less Super Bowl, Top Ten Rejected Titles for Brokeback Mountain


Because when I did a Google Image Search for "gay superman," this was better than any picture of Superman I could find

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger MC said...

I wonder in the figurative baseball game between batman and superman, who would be the pitcher and who would be the catcher.

June 12, 2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger MC said...

That brings new meaning to the batusi.

June 15, 2006 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home