Sunday, May 07, 2006

A Simpler Time

While looking through Box Office Guru's archives, I found this assessment from the turn of the century:
The typically media-shy [Tom] Cruise worked overtime to publicize the blockbuster, which he also produced, granting interviews to morning, daytime, and late night talk shows plus gracing the covers of Vanity Fair and Entertainment Weekly.
Ah, remember when...

I'd also forgotten that Mission: Impossible 2's $57.85 million was, at the time, the third biggest opening weekend of all time. Now that number seems quaint (well, not compared to M:I:III's haul), coming in at number 33 on the (unadjusted for inflation) all time list.


Vanity Fair, June 2000

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

I swear to God, it seems like M-I:2 was out yesterday. The six years between 2 and 3 has gone by much faster than the four years between 1 and 2.

May 08, 2006 10:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home