Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Insane Man 2


Definitely a schmuck. Definitely.

I don't feel the need to report every "star" sighting, but once in a while, one occurs that's just too good to keep to myself (of course, I would've been a lot more satisfied about my brush with infame if I hadn't just read about TVgasm hitting the motherlode - those lucky bastards).

Thanks to the cosmic fates that exist within the Arclight Cinemas' assigned seating generator, when I showed up for tonight's screening of Rain Man, I was seated right next to one of the most despicable, infamous Reality "stars" ever (and his lovely wife): Jonathan Baker (and Victoria Fuller). That's right, I was next to them for about three hours, images of him shoving her in Berlin replaying over and over in my head (again some of the sting was removed by those jerks at TVgasm who lessened my utter loathing and disgust for Jonathan with their Vaseline-coated sit-down last week).

Nothing much to report (he didn't shove her once and he resisted the urge to call her a retard during the film), though he did laugh pretty hard when Tom Cruise discovered Dustin Hoffman's "Serious Injury List" -- perhaps that's an inside joke between him and Victoria.


And speaking of crazyMr. Cruise... this is the first time I've watched one of his movies since he began his public meltdown. And I have to say, I don't like what it did to my enjoyment of the film. Every time his character got super-serious and intense and self-righteous, I flashed to his appearance on Access Hollywood. And every time he got excited and physical, I flashed to his appearance on Oprah. At this point, I can't even imagine watching Jerry Maguire, what with all the bathroom wall-kicking and jumping up and down while professing his love for black people. If he ruins War of the Worlds for me, I will be very upset. And you've never seen me very upset.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Hole. Eeee. Shit.

June 22, 2005 7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you seen tom's blog? i don't think he'd appreciate you calling him crazy...

http://tomcruiseblog.blogspot.com

:^)

June 22, 2005 8:35 PM  
Blogger McBean said...

That's crazy. That AR guy was a JERK.

And Tom is crazy. Cruise I mean. I watched part of Jerry Maguire the other day...the part with the SHOW ME THE MONEY. Oh. My. God. It's so over for me. I might have to sell the movie on eBay to get it out of my apartment.

June 23, 2005 11:56 AM  
Blogger Alex said...

And yeah, that "help me help you" scene is just atrocious these days. It's so horrific.

June 23, 2005 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home