Sunday, September 19, 2004

Emmy Autopsy

Well, I've gotta say I did pretty good (and so did The Emmys).

Seven of my "Will Win" predictions panned out, six of my "Potential Upset" predictions upset and a whopping eight of my "Should Win"s won. Plus Isabel Sanford did do very well in the annual death-applause-meter competition and I was half-right about the snide Joan Rivers joke (it was made by Conan O'Brien, and it was pretty funny). Granted, those "Should"s come from a pool of nominees that I was less than enthused about a few months ago, but even so, almost every winner would've been among my nominees (found here, here, here, here and here).

You'll be happy to know my T.V. survived the show intact. The biggest shock (and one of only two races I didn't call at all) had to be Allison Janney winning Best Actress in a Drama. Sure I would've preferred Jennifer Garner or Edie Falco, but I like Janney and The West Wing.

Best of all, Everybody Loves Raymond, Will & Grace and Curb Your Enthusiasm were all shut out for their lazy seasons. That, and hopefully the two people in the country who base their viewing choices on The Emmys will start watching Arrested Development (and hopefully they'll be Nielsen families). Oh, and Trump's ego takes yet another hit (somebody remove his belt and shoelaces!), which is always fun.

Lastly, did anybody else notice that the orchestra played louder than usual as soon as Jeffrey Wright started talking about AIDS? Much louder than when everybody else was rambling on with their list of names to thank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home