Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Retarded is as Retarded Does

"Johnny and me is like peas and carrots."


Okay, I lied about moving on to more important things, but this post is more pop-culturally-relevant, I swear.

Does anybody else think it was a bit, uh, what's the word I'm looking for here, uh, retarded that they decided to follow up the Democratic Party's own Simple Southerner (no disrespect to Sen. Edwards, Southerners, Simpletons or Forrest Gump) with a performance by the Black Eyed Peas of their song "Let's Get Retarded" (albeit the radio-friendly, Tipper Gore-approved party anthem version, "Let's Get it Started")?

I'm just saying.

Yet another sad attempt by the Democrats to transparently appeal to the "hip youngster"/snowboarding demographic - the only group of people who will know what that song's really supposed to be about.  Democrats, please, we're yours to alienate.  So don't alienate us.  We're a media-save generation.  We can see through it, and we don't like it.  There's nothing lamer than somebody trying to be what they think we think is cool.  Focus on the issues, and we'll follow.  We're not retarded.

At least not all of us. 

1 Comments:

Blogger McBean said...

Hahaha...I thought I was the only one who noticed the let's get retarded thing. Alex still doesn't believe that those are the real words to the song.

July 29, 2004 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home