Saturday, May 29, 2004

A Whole Sack of Couch Potatoes

Having been out of the country (though not totally out of the American popular culture atmosphere) for two and a half weeks, I’ve spent the last four days recuperating from jet lag and playing catch up with all that I missed (an on-going process on both counts). Some people return from long vacations to piles of mail and dead houseplants; I was greeted by an overflowing TiVo and a long list of movies to see.
For television junkies like myself, there’s no worse time to travel than the height of May sweeps, particularly one as jam-packed with series’ swan songs as this. Watching this many hours of my favorite programs in such quick succession has been exhausting, exhilarating and occasionally revelatory. Over the next several posts I’ll be unleashing my thoughts on some of these series’ final episodes and seasons-as-a-wholes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home