Thursday, November 03, 2005

This is Just Ludacris!

I hate to beat a dead horse, but, well, that's exactly what Jamie Foxx is doing. And playground logic backs me up on this point: "He started it!"

Just a few posts (and many weeks) ago, I noted that Mr. Foxx still thinks he's Mr. Charles. Now he's at it again, earning a "Featuring Jamie Foxx" credit on Ludacris' new single "Georgia" for singing one word over and over again (that would be "Georgia", natch) in the style of the inimitable apparently quite imitable Ray Charles. Now, would it have been so much harder/more expensive to just sample the original recording? It's not like they had to add any words like "golddigger" or "triflin'"... Charles sang the word "Georgia" plenty of times in his own song (quite well, I might add).

This has been going on for over a year now. Ray Charles is starting to drop more tracks than Tupac. How much longer can Foxx drag this out?

Oh, and if Joaquin Phoenix pulls this same stuff, somebody please shoot me (just to watch me die).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home